Member of the Management Board,
First Deputy General Director
– How does the Company’s financial capital increase?
– We need to have a stable revenue in the long term, and this is the main part of the RusHydro Group financial capital. The main driver of financial capital formation is the operating efficiency. Therefore, we implement a number of programmes to improve operating and investing activities, and work to reduce costs and generally increase the efficiency of RAO ES of the East. We must meet the call of the times in terms of economic conditions, and reduce inefficient expences in achieving the goals set by the Russian government.
Besides, we attract funds from the external sources. The company implements its policy on the bond market. We issue bonds in different forms and are one of the most reliable and efficient borrowers on the Russian financial market. It is also possible to attract strategic capital investors for RusHydro by the state decisions. We are a state-owned company, and in forming long-term structure of the Group’s capital we are guided by the the goals set by the governmental.
– The Company has partially changed its management team at the end of 2015. What is the focus of the renewed team?
– Reliable and safe manufacturing activities, improving operational efficiency, rational allocation of the Company’s resources, including divestment from non-core activities. Briefly, we are committed to the results.
The last year crisis affected all economic actors, including RusHydro. We see a crisis as an opportunity to become stronger, more competitive, and prepare the ground for the next steps during difficult time. This is especially important for us, because power engineering is not only a matter of reliable power supply, but also the issue of future energy safety. In a broader sense, it is affect the infrastructure for development of regions and the whole country.
– In your opinion, what will become of RusHydro Group in ten years?
– It will the leader of the Russian power industry. It will be the core company for the Russian economy and for the power industry. It will be the company that operates on the principles of transparency and efficiency. The company that operates in the interests of its shareholders, partners, customers and the public.