5.1. Sustainable development management
The Company is aware of its responsibility (economic, social and ecological) as a producer of electrical power necessary for society. Sustainable business development is the important value and is reflected in the mission and strategic goals of PJSC RusHydro.
Ensuring operation of the generation facilities that is reliable and safe for the society and environment, taking into account the economic feasibility of funds allocation aimed at minimisation of risks and reduction of possible damage, is one of the strategic goals of the RusHydro Group.
The Company uses its best endeavors in order to increase the share of the renewable resources of energy in power balance of the country. Achievement of this goal is provided due to commissioning of new generating capacities and increase of the “clean” energy generation, produced at the available capacities of the Company under simultaneous enhancement of energy efficiency.
PJSC RusHydro is also seeking maximisation of its value /cost for the state, shareholders, society and employees.
Implementation of the activities in the field of sustainable development is performed by the designed Blocks in the area of their functional responsibility:
- social responsibility – Personnel Management Block;
- interaction with public authorities in the presence regions and creation of the favourable social climate for the effective development of the Company – Block of interaction with public authorities and civil society, administrative support and international cooperation;
- economic responsibility – Block of economic planning and investments, Block of production activities, Block of capital construction and engineering activities, Block of financial and corporate and legal administration;
- generation of electric power, enhancement of energy efficiency and ecological responsibility – Block of production activities.
Areas of activities in the field of the sustainable development
- ensuring energy security of the Russian Federation
- development of the electric power industry and enhancement of energy efficiency
- positive economic and social impact in the regions of presence
- minimisation of the environmental impact, including the impact on the planet climate
- responsible personnel management practice
- enhancement of transparency and accountabilities
- structural interaction with the interested parties
he issues related to the sustainable development are systematically put on the agenda of the meetings of committees at the Board of Directors.
Since 2007 PJSC RusHydro has prepared Sustainable Development Report on an annual basis, reflecting the management approaches and the most significant results of the Company’s activities in the economic, ecological and social spheres.