5.5. Energy efficiency
Events of 2015
- Total investment in energy efficiency amounted to 35 538 million rubles.
- The overall effect of the effort aimed at increase of energy efficiency amounted to 268.9 thousand. KW·h.
5.5.1. Programme in the field of energy saving and enhancement of energy efficiency of the PJSC RusHydro
Hydropower is the main business segment of the Company, is one of the most energy-efficient electric power sectors. In addition, the company actively participates in the development of electricity generation based on other renewable sources – tidal, geothermal and wind energy, which are environmentally friendly and have a high degree of energy efficiency. At the sites of PJSC RusHydro there is scope to further improve energy efficiency through the modernisation of the main equipment and the introduction of innovative energy-saving technologies, optimizing the use of water resources, as well as reducing power consumption for own needs.
The Company adopted the Programme39 concerning energy saving and energy efficiency improvement of PJSC RusHydro for the 2010 to 2015 period. In 2015, the Programme40 concerning energy saving and energy efficiency improvement of PJSC RusHydro for the 2016- to 2020 period was approved. The Programme conforms to the Technical policy of PJSC RusHydro and contains the list of the main works on enhancement of efficiency of using energy and water resources and a number of the high-priority energy saving solutions. The programme is prepared based on the results of the energy survey carried out in 2010-2014.
Energy Saving Programme for 2010-2015 done
In 2015 26 energy audits of the production facilities were conducted, included in 10 branches of the PJSC RusHydro:
The Volzhskaya HPP, the Zhigulevskaya HPP, the Saratovskaya HPP, the Kamskaya HPP, the Zagorskaya PSPP, the Votkinskaya HPP, the Cascade of the Kubanskiye HPPs, the Cheboksarskaya HPP, the Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP named after P.S. Neporozhniy, the Dagestan Branch.
According to the audit results energy performance certificates of the branches have been developed, programmes of energy saving and enhancement of energy efficiency, the recommendations have been prepared.
126.96.36.199. The Programme implementation results
Volume by type of energy resource consumption, PJSC RusHydro
|in physical terms||RUB thousand|
|Type of energy resource||2013||2014||2015||2015|
|Thermal energy, Gcal||23,486||23,618||23,856||23,742|
|Electrical energy, millions, KW·h||1,238.393||1,191.381||1,207.481||941,451|
|Diesel fuel, l.||723,809||392,129||17,955||515|
|Gas Natural, m3||100,571||55||58,668||421|
As a result of the measures undertaken in terms of improving energy efficiency, electric power consumption for the needs of the power plant reduced by 4.24 % as compared with the 2013 level.
Moreover, in 2015, due to selection of the optimal equipment composition, optimisation of the repairing campaign, work of the hydroelectric power plants at the exceed values of pressure heads in relation to long-time average annual values, and decrease of sterile spill by redistribution redistribution of the reserves of the automatic secondary regulation to the other HPP cascade, the additional electrical generation is provided in the volume of 590.3 mn kWh, that is equivalent to fuel saving in the volume of 203.35 thousand tonnes of fuel equivalent per year.
Dynamics of energy consumption and the share of consumption from the annual output of PJSC RusHydro
The effects of “Energy Saving”
and “Energy efficiency”, million kW·h
188.8.131.52. Development of the forecasting system of the auxiliary power volumes
The possibility of the accurate forecasting of the generated energy volumes in the medium and long-term perspective is an important condition for optimisation of the mode management. For these purposes the RusHydro Group constantly develops its own forecasting system. In 2015:
- the project was completed on creation of network of hydro and meteorological observations on the rivers Sulak and Samur (the Dagestan Branch). For the period 2012-2014 21 points were assembled. Within the year 2015 the works were carried out on calibration and settings for validity check of the submitted information;
- the project was completed on creation of the network of hydro and meteorological observations of the Sayano-Shushenskaya HPP reservoir : 8 automated level gauges (ALG) were created, as well as 20 aviation snow-measuring points in the reservoir basin and 2 ALG in the tail bay of the SSH HPP. The activities were initiated on transfer of ownership rights for the objects of observation network of the FSBI “Srednesibirsky UGMS” (Central Siberian Administration for Hydrometeorological and Environmental Monitoring);
- within the implementation of the system of the medium-term planning at the HPP of the Far East and Siberia:
- the module of the medium-term planning was implemented in the industrial operation for the Novosibirskaya, the Sayano-Shushenskaya and Mainskaya HPP;
- the medium-term planning module development continues for the HPP of the Angaro-Enisey Cascade, Zeyskaya, Bureyskaya, Kolymskaya and Ust-Srednekanskaya HPP;
- the module has been developed for collection, processing, storage and distribution of actual and forecasting hydrometeorological and aquicultural data in the territory of the Bureysky reservoir basin.
184.108.40.206. Energy consumer stimulation to improving energy efficiency
The RusHydro Group provides services of energy surveys and energy performance certificates both to the Group’s organisations, and external enterprises and consumers.
In 2015, the Company continued to develop the regional centers of energy saving and energy efficiency that were created by the power supply subsidiary companies in different regions of Russia. Thus, the Center of energy efficiency that was created on the basis of the PJSC Ryazan Energy Sales Company and equipped under the principle of “Smart house”, consists of five sections – training and presentations, domestic, administrative office, industrial equipment and street lighting, where the samples of the energy-efficient equipment and domestic appliances are presented. There is a possibility in the centre to visualise the process of consumption and receipt of economic effect from conduct of certain energy-efficient activities.
With support from Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation and Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation within the frames of the year of light and light technologies based on the regional centers of energy efficiency, and branches of the PJSC RusHydro, an all-Russian lesson on energy efficiency and solicitous attitude to energy resources was conducted in 2015. The lessons were conducted in 21 regions at schools, lyceums, adult education centers, orphan asylums. 3800 people participated in this event.